This poster was presented at the ALA Conference in San Jose, USA in 2005
Cellerity is a solution for fully automated cell culturing. It handles all tasks necessary to grow, maintain, harvest, passage, seed and plate cell lines without user intervention for several days. All liquid handling operations occur within a HEPA filtered vertical laminar flow clean bench (not shown in pictures).Cellerity is a modular system whose basic configuration incorporates:
- The automation-friendly Corning RoboFlask with a septum cap for growing cells.
- The Tecan Freedom EVO® platform, including the proven Robotic Manipulator arm (RoMa) for handling plates and flasks.
- A modified liquid handling configuration capable of both rapid bulk media dispensing and precise low volume pipetting for reagents and media additives.
- Devices for supplying disposables such as plates, troughs or flasks.
- An integrated robotic CO2 incubator.
- A cell counter for determining cell number and viability.
- Refrigerated media storage for up to 8 different bulk media, with in-line warming immediately prior to dispense.