Registration Account Types
Full Service Account
Registering for a full service account will allow you to:
- Link your login to the account specific pricing applicable to your institution
- Order products online and pay by purchase order or credit card
- Attach your tax exempt number to your account
- Save your cart for future use
- Save items to your favorites
- View your order history
- Manage your communication preferences
A full service account request is processed by Corning's Customer Service department and can take up to four business hours (EST 8:30 am - 5:00 pm) to be completed.
Once you fill in the New User Registration Form, a Customer Service representative from Corning will call you to complete the account setup. You will then be emailed a password and can begin your shopping experience with Corning Life Sciences.
Limited Service Account
Registering for a limited service account will allow you to:
- Order products online and pay with a credit card
- Save your cart for future use
- Save items to your favorites
- View your order history
- Manage your communication preferences
No approval process is required. Just enter your name, address, email ID and password in the registration form, submit and you are ready to order.
Choosing this option allows you to buy products using Corning's list price less any applicable discounts or promotions. If you have specific questions about pricing, contact Customer Service at 800.492.1100.
My Account + Profile
As a registered user of Corning's online ordering system, you are required to set up an account. When creating your account, you will be asked to answer a security question.
When registering, you will need to choose a security question and answer. This is required in order to keep your account secure should you need to contact Corning's customer service department by phone.
My Account allows users to update and personalize account information and set communication preferences. In My Account, you may:
- Change your shipping or billing address
- Opt to have an email sent to you when you place an order or when your order ships
- Opt to have Corning send you new product information
- Change your password
The My Account link is available to all logged-in users at the top of every page.
Login Problems / Forgot your password
Use your email address to login.
Should you forget your password, Corning can email your password to you.
Orders Status + Details
The Order Status page lists your most recently placed orders with Corning. The list is in reverse chronological order, meaning that the most recently placed orders are at the top of the list. Information will reside in the system for four months. Should you wish to receive information on any orders placed before that time, please contact Corning's customer service at 800-492-1100.
Order Status includes the following information:
- Your order confirmation number
- Purchase order number or partial credit card number
- The date you placed the order
- The status of the order
- The date the order was shipped
- How the order was placed
- The shipping method
- And the order total
You can view the details of an order by clicking on the view details link under your order confirmation number. This link will bring you to the Order Details page for the order you chose. This page will list the products you ordered, the quantity requested and shipped, the carrier and tracking number of the shipment(s), the date shipped, and the order total. The Order Details page is particularly helpful for checking the status of items on backorder.
Returns + Repair Policies
CLS warrants to you only that the goods referenced herein are free of defects in material and when delivered to you will conform to specifications published by CLS. The foregoing warranty is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment. In the event that any goods shipped by CLS delivers any non-conforming goods CLS will, at its option, repair the nonconforming goods, provide a free replacement, or grant you an appropriate credit. Either of these alternatives shall be your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of delivery of non-conforming goods and CLS shall not be liable to you or any other party for any other damages, whether directly or indirectly incurred. The warranty and remedies provided in this paragraph shall apply to the exclusion of any other warranties (express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) or remedies that might otherwise be available under applicable law. No warranty or representation or guaranty is made by CLS as a result of the delivery of any sample, prototype, product information sheet, sale or marketing material, custom, trade practice, or statement by a representative of CLS.
Equipment Product Warranty Instructions
Should you need to send a Corning hotplate, stirrer or combination hotplate/stirrer back to Corning for repair you must first call Corning's customer service at 800-492-1110 to get a return authorization number (RA#) and describe why you need to return the product.
Once you have the RA#, please review the following information.
- Clean the unit of all materials prior to shipment and pack in original container if possible. The sender assumes allresponsibility for damages.
- Corning will not be responsible for units damaged in transit or shipped to the incorrect address.
- Corning will not accept COD or bill to reciever shipments. Inbound shipments must be prepaid by sender.
- Ship by some traceable means, Fedex, UPS etc.
- Include the following inside the box with the product:
- Non-Warranty Service
- A purchase order, check or credit card information ( see using credit cards)
- Brief description of apparent problem
- Name and phone number of a contact person
- Shipping and billing addresses if different. We can not ship to a PO Box.
- Warranty Service
- Provide proof of purchase. Ex. Copy of PO or invoice
- Brief description of apparent problem
- Name and phone number of a contact person
- Return delivery address, we can not ship to a PO Box.
Using Credit Cards (Visa or MasterCard Only)
The following information is required:
- Card Type
- Card #
- Expiration Date
- Name (as it appears on the card)
Shipping Address (Fedex, UPS, etc.)
271 County Route 64
Big Flats, NY 14814
US Mail Only:
1 Riverfront Plaza
Big Flats Repair Dept.
Corning, NY 14831
- Flat Rate charges cover all parts, labor and Fedex 2nd delivery. No discounts apply.
- Minimum labor charge for any service work is $125.00. (cost to just inspect)
- Express or Overnight delivery will be additional charge on warranty and non-warranty service.
- No charge warranty repairs include failures due to manufacturing or quality of product.
- The fees listed below will be charged for failures caused by improper handling or environmental issues on all units within the warranty period. (ex. cid/corrosive environments, spill overs, overheating, scratches or chips)
|SS2I||440811||Slow Speed Stirrer - 2L||$350.00 || |
|SS10I||440812||Slow Speed Stirrer - 10L||$450.00 ||AS635|
|SS4I||440814||Slow Speed Stirrer - 4 Pos. 1L||$650.00 ||AS640|
|SS10R||440815||Slow Speed Stirrer - 10L w/remote||$900.00 || |
|SS4R||440816||Slow Speed Stirrer - 4 Pos. w/remote||$1,000.00 ||AS611|
| ||401017||Stirrer Only - 10L||$350.00 || |
| ||401018||Stirrer Only - 4 Pos.||$500.00 ||AS611|
|SSRC||401022||Slow Speed Remote||$500.00 ||AS614|
|MP4I||440824||4 Position - 1L||$500.00 ||AS631|
|MP5I||440825||5 Position - 400ml||$525.00 ||AS632|
|MP9I||440826||9 Position - 250ml||$650.00 ||AS633|
|MP4R||440827||4 Position - 1L w/remote||$600.00 ||AS626|
|MP4R||401007||4 Position Stirrer Only||$500.00 ||AS631|
|MPRC||401019||Remote Control Only - MP||$100.00 ||AS645|
|IM75||440831||7mm Submersible Stirrer||$150.00 || |
|IM150||440832||150mm Submerisble Stirrer||$200.00|| |
|IMRC||401021||Remote Control Only - IM||$125.00 ||AS625|
|PC-170||440121||5 X 5 Heat||$60.00 || |
|PC-171||440133||5 X 5 Stir||$75.00 || |
|PC-131||440742||5 X 5 Stir w/Plastic top||$60.00 || |
|PC-611||440917||Heavy Duty Stirrer||$360.00 || |
|Rev A||400188||Temperature Controller||$125.00 || |
|PC-200||440930||4 X 5 Heat Only||$125.00 || |
|PC-210||440932||4 X 5 Stir Only||$150.00 || |
|PC-220||440933||4 X 5 Hotplate/Stirrer||$230.00 || |
|PC-400||440934||5 X 7 Heat Only||$125.00 || |
|PC-410||440935||5 X 7 Stir Only||$150.00 || |
|PC-420||440936||5 X 7 Hotplate/Stirrer||$230.00 || |
|PC-600||440937||10 X 10 Heat Only||$230.00 || |
|PC-610||440938||10 X 10 Stir Only||$230.00 || |
|PC-620||440939||10 X 10 Hotplate/Stirrer||$255.00 || |
Dicontinued Units (Upgrade Only)
|PC-300||5 X 7 Heat Only||$155.00 ||440934|
|PC-310||5 X 7 Stir Only||$155.00 ||440935|
|PC-320||5 X 7 Hotplate/Stirrer||$280.00 ||440936|
|PC-351||5 X 7 Hotplate/Stirrer||$280.00 ||440936|
|PC-500||10 X 10 Heat Only||$230.00 ||440937|
|PC-510||10 X 10 Stir Only||$230.00 ||440938|
|PC-520||10 X 10 Hotplate/Stirrer||$280.00 ||440939|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I do not have an account with Corning; can I still order online?
You will have to register and create an account profile to place an order through Corning's online ordering system. However, you do not need to create a full service account. Simply choose credit card payment/online certifications at the registration page. This choice enables you to place orders and pay by credit card. If you wish to pay by Purchase Order or receive account specific pricing, you will need to create a full service account.
- I have special requirements; can I request these online?
At this time, all orders with special requirements must go through Corning's customer service department at 800-492-1100. Special requirements include: bar code items, lot specific orders, standing orders and custom products.
- Do I have to register to place an order with Corning?
Yes. You must create an online account profile to order from Corning online. There are two types of registration: full service and credit card payment/online certifications. If you want to place an order immediately, pay by credit card, and do not have any account specific pricing, you will be able to do so with the credit card payment option. After completing the initial registration information, you will be sent to your account profile and then be ready to order. This entire process takes only a few short minutes.
- What if I have a question about my order?
For questions about your order, for immediate assistance, call customer service at 800-492-1100. Have your order number ready and the CS representative will assist you. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should have a response within two (2) business hours (8:30 am -5:00 pm EST).
- I forgot my password, what do I do?
Enter your email address on this page and your password will be sent to you.
- Will my information be secure?
Corning is concerned about the safety and security of our customer’s transactions. We have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that the transaction process is safe and that your information is secure.
- Can I save my order for a later date?
At this time, you cannot save your order in Corning's online system to place at a later date. If you have not submitted your order, once you leave the system, the items in your shopping cart will be removed.
- If I order online, will I still receive my contract pricing?
In order to receive your contract pricing, you must create a full service account. Once this account is created, you will automatically see your contract/account specific pricing whenever you log in to the system.
- Is there any item that I cannot purchase online?
Yes. While the vast majority of Corning products are available for purchase through the corning.com/lifesciences website, several are not. These products cannot be purchased online because they are either special order, made-to-order, OEM or other specialty products. This includes: CellCube, ProntoPlus! Systems, microplates with barcode, and OEM glass tubing.
- How much will I be billed for shipping?
Shipping costs are determined based upon the size, weight, and destination of your order. Normal delivery is via standard UPS ground transportation from the closest Corning warehouse location (Wilkes Barre, PA, Louisville, KY, Reno, NV).
- How much will I be billed for tax?
Many of Corning's customers are tax exempt and therefore, do not pay sales tax. However, some customers are subject to taxation. As such, you will be taxed at the applicable rates for your state. For example, business entities located in Massachusetts are subject to a tax rate of 5%.
- Why do I need to register if I want to download product certifications?
Corning requires all customers who are receiving value-added services to register on the web site. Your registration will help us to serve you better by allowing us to better understand your needs.
- How are my items shipped?
Corning's normal carrier is UPS. Therefore, your order will be shipped via UPS unless otherwise specified by your account.
- Do you share my information with anyone?
- How do I set up another ship to or bill to location for my account?
Any changes to your bill to location must be made through Corning's customer service at 1-800-492-1110. You may add additional ship to locations in your account profile.
- How do I check on the status of my order?
If you ordered product over the Corning website, you can either view order status via the secure online ordering system or contract Corning Customer Service at 1-800-492-1110. If you ordered product by calling or faxing Corning, you need to call Corning Customer Service. Coming soon, you will be able to check the status or all orders via the secure Corning website.
- Can I have my online order expedited?
Yes. You must contact Customer Service at 1-800-492-1110 immediately after placing your order in order to expedite it. In the future, you will be able to have more shipping options available online including overnight delivery.
- The product I ordered is "unavailable". What does this mean and what do I do?
Occasionally high demand for a product can create a temporary out-of-stock situation. Most out-of-stock situations last a very short period of time. An out-of-stock product is not discontinued. To find out when the product you ordered will be back in stock and shipped to you, contact Corning Customer Service at 1-800-492-1110. If your product need is urgent, Customer Service can also work with you to find a suitable alternative. Many Corning products are offered in multiple packaging configurations, so you may be able to get the exact product you need but in a different quantity per case.
- The product I want is discontinued. What do I do?
When a product has been discontinued, as long as Corning continues to have stock for this item, you can order it. If Corning no longer has any stock, replacement products will be suggested.
- Will you notify me of backorders and changes in order status?
This function is not yet available on the Corning Life Science online ordering system. However, we plan to offer it in the future as an option in your Account Profile communication preferences. As new capabilities are added to the system, registered users of this system will be notified that they are now available.
- How do I check my order history?
You order history is kept in the Corning Life Science online system for four months. All information older than that is only available through contacting our customer service department at 800-492-1110. To access your order history, click on Order Status, this link is at the top of the page once you have logged in to the web site.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password at any time by going to your Account Profile and typing in your old password, your new password and confirmation, then clicking on “update your account information”.
- Do you have a quick order feature to allow me to just enter the catalog numbers and quantities desired rather than "shopping" for each product individually?
The Corning online ordering website launched on April 4, 2005. Corning plans to add new features over time. A quick order template is planned and will be added by mid-year 2005. Until then, if you know the catalog numbers of the products you want, the fastest method to add them to your cart is to enter the catalog number into the search field found at the top of each web page. When the search is returned, you can simply select the correct product and add the correct quantity to your cart.
- Does Corning store my credit number?
No. When you submit your order, Corning verifies the credit number and requests payment for only the amount of your order. You need to enter your credit card information each time you place an order.
- Can I create a favorites list?
The Corning online ordering website launched on April 4, 2005. Corning plans to add new features over time. A favorites list feature is planned and will be added by mid-year 2005. Until then, if you know the catalog numbers of the products you want, the fastest method to add them to your cart is to enter the catalog number into the search field found at the top of each web page. When the search is returned, you can simply select the correct product and add the correct quantity to your cart.
- How do I get discounted pricing for products that I purchase frequently?
Contact Corning Customer Service at 1-800-492-1110. They will have your local Corning account representative contact you to discuss pricing.
- How can I update my account profile?
The Account Profile link is located in the left navigation bar of the Corning Life Science web page. This link is only available after you have logged in to the web site. It is important to keep your account profile up-to-date as this will insure you receive email notifications for order confirmations, order shipments, and simplifies the ordering process as you can save more than one shipping address.
- How do I know that my order has been processed?
There are two ways you can see that your order has been processed. First, you can have the system send you an email. This preference is available when updating your Account Profile. Second, you can go to the Order Status page, which will give you the current status of your order as well as a link to view the more detailed information.
Terms and Conditions
Extranet Access Agreement
This Agreement provides for Corning Incorporated ("Corning") to grant access to you to the Corning Incorporated: Life Sciences Extranet web site (including computer programs and content as determined in Corning's sole discretion – such as programs which provide order detail and shipping data), on a "password-restricted" basis.
BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW IT IS AGREED THAT YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND THE ASSOCIATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE EXTRANET, AND THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND SUPERSEDES ALL PROPOSALS OR PRIOR AGREEMENTS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ALL OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF. FURTHER YOU EXPRESSLY REPRESENT TO CORNING THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL OPERATE TO AMEND OR OTHERWISE CHANGE THE TERMS OF ANY EXISTING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOUR EMPLOYER AND CORNING.THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BECOME EFFECTIVE WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON.
- Definitions. "Extranet" means the limited access
internet web site presently found at http://www.corning.com/lifesciences
maintained and operated by Corning Incorporated which provides a variety of
computer programs and information with respect to the products your employer
has ordered from Corning's Life Sciences operations.
- License. Corning hereby grants you, subject to the
terms and conditions of this Agreement, a nonexclusive, nontransferable right
and license to access the Extranet. In connection with the foregoing, to
create on-line or off-line printouts of information retrieved from the
computer programs contained on the Extranet, and reproduce, reformat, analyze,
print and display such printouts for your internal commercial purposes,
including presentation to your co-workers. Except as expressly authorized in
this Agreement, you agree not to rent, lease, sublicense, distribute,
transfer, copy, reproduce, display, modify, store, or time-share the access to
the Extranet. Further, you agree to take all reasonable steps to protect the
Extranet from unauthorized access, copying, or use. Corning reserves all
rights not expressly granted to you. The presentation of Extranet site
materials to a third party is expressly prohibited.
- Username/Password. You agree to assume sole
responsibility for the security of the usernames and passwords issued to you
by Corning. Unless expressly approved in writing by Corning in advance, a
password is valid for use only by you and no other person(s). Passwords and
usernames are subject to cancellation or suspension by Corning at any time,
including upon nonuse for such period as Corning may determine, and reissuance
or reactivation of such passwords are subject to Corning's sole discretion. If
you believe that any password is being used by someone other than yourself,
you must notify Corning immediately. If such use was not due to your acts or
omissions or, fault or negligence, or if you have previously notified Corning
to cancel the applicable password, Corning shall promptly take the appropriate
action to restore, replace or delete your password.
- Your Responsibilities. You are responsible for
determining whether the Extranet and associated computer programs will achieve
the results you desire; procuring, installing, and operating the required
minimum specified hardware/software in combination with computer programs and
access devices (if any) supplied by Corning; providing a proper environment
and proper utilities for the systems. You are responsible for adopting
reasonable measures to limit your exposure with respect to potential losses
and damages arising from use, nonuse, interruption, delay, errors, or
omissions of or in the Extranet or the associated computer programs, or the
results thereof, including (without limitation) examination and confirmation
of data prior to use thereof, provision for identification and correction of
errors and omissions, preparation and storage of backup data, replacement of
lost or damaged data or media, and reconstruction of data. You are also
responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining
to the use and disclosure of any data. Corning is not responsible for
obsolescence of the computer programs that may result from changes in your
requirements. You on behalf of your employer represent that your employer and
you agree to indemnify and hold Corning, its officers, employees, and agents
harmless from and against any loss, claims, demands, expenses (including court
costs and attorney fees), or liability of whatever nature or kind (including,
without limitation, negligence), of your or any third parties arising out of
your use or nonuse of the Extranet.
- No Fees. Corning will provide your access to the
Extranet free of charge.
- Proprietary Protection. Corning and/or its third-party
suppliers shall be the sole owner(s) of the content of the Extranet and the
associated computer programs, including any adaptations or copies thereof, and
including associated intellectual property rights. Copies are provided and may
be made only to allow you to exercise your rights under this Agreement.
Corning and/or its third-party supplier claim U.S. and foreign copyright
ownership with respect to the Extranet and the associated computer programs as
compilations and expressions of distinctive and creative formats, as well as
claiming that portions of the Extranet contain trade secret information of
Corning, including the structure and right of access to the Extranet. It is
Corning's practice to place copyright notices and/or other proprietary legends
in report forms. You shall provide for the reproduction of such notices and
legends in the form and manner in which they appear. Copyright Corning
Incorporated © 2001. All Rights Reserved.
- Indemnification. If a third party claims that your use
of the Extranet or any associated computer program, as provided to you
hereunder, or your authorized use of such computer program pursuant to this
Agreement infringes any U.S. patent, copyright, or trade secret, Corning will
defend you and your employer against such claim at Corning's expense and pay
all damages that a court finally awards, provided that you promptly notify
Corning in writing of the claim, and allow Corning to control, and cooperate
with Corning in, the defense or any related settlement negotiations. If such a
claim is made or appears possible, Corning may, at its option, secure for you
the right to continue to use the Extranet or computer programs, modify or
replace the Extranet or computer programs with equivalent information so they
are noninfringing, or, if neither of the foregoing options is available in
Corning's judgment, terminate this Agreement. THIS PARAGRAPH STATES Corning's
ENTIRE OBLIGATION WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT.
- Limitations. Corning and/or its third-party suppliers
shall employ due care and attention in obtaining and maintaining the Extranet
and associated computer programs. However, you acknowledge that any collection
and compilation of data entails the likelihood of some human and machine
errors, omissions, delays, interruptions, and losses, including inadvertent
loss of data or damage to media, which may give rise to loss or damage.
Accordingly, you agree THAT THE EXTRANET AND ASSOCIATED COMPUTER PROGRAMS ARE
PROVIDED "AS IS"; CORNING MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO
THEIR ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, CURRENTNESS, OR RELIABILITY; NOR
DOES CORNING MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE EXTRANET AND ANY
ASSOCIATED COMPUTER PROGRAMS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS
WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT EXTRANET SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE
IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; ANDTO THE FULLEST EXTENT
PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW CORNING SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY,
EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CORNING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE ON ACCOUNT OF
ANY SUCH ERRORS, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR LOSSES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CORNING BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF,
OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE EXTRANET OR THE ASSOCIATED COMPUTER PROGRAMS,
EVEN IF CORNING OR A CORNING AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL
AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CORNING FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING
UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE,
EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO CORNING FOR ACCESS TO THE EXTRANET
DURING THE PRECEDING TWELVE-MONTH (12) PERIOD, EVEN IF CORNING HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL CLAIM, LOSS, OR DAMAGE. THE
FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES SHALL APPLY
REGARDLESS OF THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
- Default. Should you fail to carry out any other
obligation under this Agreement or any other agreement with Corning, Corning
may, at its option, in addition to other available remedies (such as the
removal of your Username and Password) may immediately terminate this
Agreement. Corning reserves the right, with or without notice, to suspend
access to or use of the Extranet or any associated computer program.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and
construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York as
it applies to a contract made and performed in such state.
- Modifications and Waivers. This Agreement may not be modified except by a writing signed by authorized representatives of both parties. A waiver by either party of its rights hereunder shall not be binding unless contained in a writing signed by an authorized representative of the party waiving its rights. The nonenforcement or waiver of any provision on one (1) occasion shall not constitute a waiver of such provision on any other occasions unless expressly so agreed in writing. It is agreed that no use of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties hereto shall be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter in any manner the terms of this Agreement.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
The terms and conditions of sale contained herein shall apply to all quotations and offers to sell and purchase orders accepted by Corning Incorporated’s Life Sciences Division (“CLS”). CLS’s acceptance of any proposal to purchase or purchase order issued by the buyer identified on the order acknowledgement or quotation to which these terms relate (hereinafter, such buyer is referred to as “you”) is expressly made conditional on the terms and conditions of sale as set forth herein, irrespective of whether you accept them in writing, by implication or by acceptance of and payment for the goods sold hereunder. These terms and conditions of sale shall govern the contractual arrangement entered into between CLS and you with respect to the goods sold to the exclusion of any terms or conditions of purchase proposed by you.
- Prices. Unless otherwise stated in writing by CLS, all prices quoted shall be exclusive of transportation, insurance, taxes, customs fees, duties and other charges related thereto, and you shall report and pay any and all such charges and hold CLS harmless there from. Prices quoted relate only to the goods referenced herein and do not include intellectual property, industrial property, or patent rights of any kind.
- Shipment and Title. If the goods referenced in this Agreement are to be shipped within the continental U.S. from a point of origin in the U.S., the applicable delivery term for the goods is F.O.B. (CLS’s facility), unless otherwise stated on the order acknowledgment or quotation to which these terms relate. If the goods referenced in this Agreement are being shipped outside the continental U.S., the applicable delivery term for the goods is DAF (Port of Entry identified on the face of the order acknowledgement or quotation accompanying these terms and conditions) (Incoterms 2000 version). Freight and associated duties incurred by CLS in shipping the goods shall be invoiced to you.
- Security Agreement. This Agreement shall be considered a security agreement by which you grant to CLS a security interest in the goods sold pending payment in full. You hereby grant to CLS a limited power of attorney solely for the purpose of executing a financing statement or other certificate or instrument and filing the same with the appropriate official to perfect CLS’s security interest. You hereby grant to CLS a purchase money security interest in the goods delivered to secure the purchase price until CLS is paid in full.
- Termination or Change. You may not terminate, suspend performance, reschedule or cancel delivery or issue a “hold” order under this Agreement in whole or in part, without CLS’s prior written consent and upon terms that will compensate CLS for any loss or damage resulting from such action. Your liability shall include, but not be limited to, the price of product delivered or held for disposition, the price of services already performed, and for work in process, incurred costs and a reasonable allocation of general and administrative expenses, plus CLS’s loss of profits. If delivery of the goods referenced is delayed by you, CLS may invoice you for the goods when CLS is prepared to ship and you will reimburse CLS for any storage costs incurred.
- Payment Terms. Unless otherwise indicated on the face of this order acknowledgement, you shall pay the invoiced amount within thirty (30) days from the date of CLS’s invoice. CLS may exercise an option to assess an interest charge of up to 2.5% p.a. above the current prime rate quoted by the Citibank, N.A. in New York City, New York (but not to exceed the maximum lawful rate). Unless otherwise agreed, prices shall be quoted and invoices shall be paid in US currency.
- Taxes. Any tax or related charge that CLS shall be required to pay to or collect for any government in connection with this Agreement, including, without limitation VAT, sales tax or use tax (though excluding tax incurred based on the net income of CLS) will be billed to you and paid by you.
- Product Warranty. CLS warrants to you only that the goods referenced herein are free of defects in material and when delivered to you will conform to specifications published by CLS. The foregoing warranty is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment. In the event that any goods shipped by CLS delivers any non-conforming goods CLS will, at its option, repair the nonconforming goods, provide a free replacement, or grant you an appropriate credit. Either of these alternatives shall be your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of delivery of non-conforming goods and CLS shall not be liable to you or any other party for any other damages, whether directly or indirectly incurred. The warranty and remedies provided in this paragraph shall apply to the exclusion of any other warranties (express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) or remedies that might otherwise be available under applicable law. No warranty or representation or guaranty is made by CLS as a result of the delivery of any sample, prototype, product information sheet, sale or marketing material, custom, trade practice, or statement by a representative of CLS.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will CLS be liable to you or any other party, under any circumstances, for any special, consequential, indirect or punitive damages such as loss of capital, loss of use, substitute performance, loss of production, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, or any other claims for damages, even if such losses or damages are reasonably foreseeable.
- Intellectual Property. With respect to intellectual property and industrial property matters, CLS’s sole and exclusive liability is to indemnify you only against valid claims based upon infringement of validly issued U.S. patents and then only with respect to goods comprising CLS’s regularly established line of products and only in the form in which sold by CLS. CLS’s sole obligation under this indemnification shall be the assumption of the defense of any such suit brought against you. CLS shall be given exclusive control of the defense of such claim, including settlement. CLS’s total liability hereunder shall be limited to its out-of-pocket costs up to, but not exceeding, the amount paid by you as the purchase price for the goods sold hereunder.
- Export Control. You acknowledge that the goods sold by CLS are subject to export control laws and regulations of the United States of America. CLS will have no obligation to sell or deliver goods until you have obtained all required export authorizations, if required. You agree that you will not use, distribute, transfer, or transmit the goods except in compliance with United States laws and regulations and the laws and regulations of any other jurisdiction.
- Government Subcontract. If this contract is a subcontract under a United States government prime contract, CLS accepts only those terms and conditions that are required to be included in subcontracts entered into by you with respect to such United States government prime contract and no others. CLS accepts no terms or conditions with respect to adjustment of price, patent warranty or licenses, warranty, limitation of your liability, or special tooling except as appear herein or where the subject of a separate letter agreement that has been duly executed by an authorized officer of CLS.
- Choice of Law.. These terms and transactions contemplated hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
Corning respects the privacy or our customers. We are committed to building customer trust and pledge:
Corning web server tracks visitors to the site and collects generalized information on the number of visits, most popular pages, domain names, countries, downloads, etc. Additionally, some pages throughout the site may request specific information submitted by a form or e-mail. Information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. will only be used by Corning Incorporated to will be used only to provide you with communications that are relevant to your needs and preferences including to respond to inquiries, manage user established online accounts, or for specific Corning marketing activities, events or services. Corning shall not sell or redistributed to any unaffiliated third party for their marketing use and such information we have collected
Every communication message that you receive from Corning Life Sciences will provide you with the opportunity to be removed from future information exchanges. You may also send an email to email@example.com to request removal from our email or postal mail list. Type the word "REMOVE" in the subject line and include your name, company/institution name and the list(s) from which you would like to be removed. Corning Incorporated reserves the right to retain electronic communications sent by visitors. Further, Corning Incorporated uses a SMTP gateway to forward e-mail and to log e-mail transactions. Logs of e-mail transactions include:
- Date and time of message
- Name and IP address of connecting host
- E-mail address of message originator
- Corning address of recipient
You may terminate your website registration at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corning Incorporated does not intend to collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of the child's parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of thirteen (13) should only submit information to Corning with the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian. If your child has submitted personal information to Corning Incorporated and you would like to request that such information be removed please contact us and we shall use reasonable efforts to remove such information.
Information supplied to Corning through the Corning Web site, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like, will not be treated as proprietary or as confidential and Corning assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. Further, the submission of such information to Corning shall not restrict the purchase, manufacture or use of similar products, services, plans and ideas by Corning for any purpose whatever and Corning shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without restriction.
Corning is concerned about the safety and security of our customer’s transactions. We have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that the transaction process and your information is as safe as we can reasonably make it.
Help us to keep your information safe and secure by protecting your password.
- If you use a computer that is shared with other users, always log out when you complete your online session.
- Keep your password private, anyone who knows your password can access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 6 characters - a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained.
- Change your password frequently.
- Corning will never ask you to give them your password.